TIMELINE THEATRE COMPANY LAUNCHES 20TH ANNIVERSARY SEASON
TimeLine Theatre Company opens its 20th anniversary season with the Chicago premiere of BAKERSFIELD MIST. Inspired by a true story and featuring TimeLine Company Member Janet Ulrich Brooks (TimeLine’s The Apple Family Plays and 33 Variations; Goodman Theatre’s 2666) and TimeLine Associate Artist Mike Nussbaum (TimeLine’s THE PRICE and THE APPLE FAMILY PLAYS; Goodman’s SMOKEFALL) in the two-person cast, BAKERSFIELD MIST is “a perfect marriage of emotion and ideas that is rare indeed” (Los Angeles Times).
- Post-Show Discussions: A brief, informal post-show discussion hosted by a TimeLine Company Member and featuring the production dramaturg and members of the cast on Wednesday, August 31, Thursday, September 8, Sunday, September 18, and Thursday, October 6.
- Pre-Show Discussions: Starting one hour before these performances, a 30-minute introductory conversation hosted by a TimeLine Company Member and the production dramaturg with members of the production team on Wednesday, September 14 and Sunday, October 2.
- Captioned Performance: The performance on Saturday, September 10 at 4 p.m. will be open captioned, with a text display of all of the words and sounds heard during the performance. Captioned performances are supported by Theatre Development Fund.
- Company Member Discussion: A post-show discussion with the collaborative team of artists who choose TimeLine’s programming and guide the company’s mission on Sunday, September 11.
- Sunday Scholars Panel Discussion: A one-hour post-show discussion featuring experts on the themes and issues of the play on Sunday, October 9.
- The U.S premiere of THE LAST WIFE by Kate Hennig, a new play with a modern take on the story of Katherine Parr, sixth wife to England’s King Henry VIII, directed by TimeLine Associate Artistic Director Nick Bowling, September 21 through December 18, 2016 at TimeLine Theatre, 615 W. Wellington Avenue in the heart of Chicago’s Lakeview East neighborhood.
- The Chicago premiere of A DISAPPEARING NUMBER by Complicité, originally conceived and directed by Simon McBurney and devised by the original company, in a new production to be directed at TimeLine by Nick Bowling presented January 11 – April 9, 2017 at TimeLine Theatre.
- And the Midwest premiere of PARADISE BLUE, a dynamic and jazz-infused drama about what’s at stake when building a better future, written by Dominique Morisseau and directed by TimeLine Company Member Ron OJ Parson (the team behind TimeLine’s acclaimed production of Morisseau’s SUNSET BABY), April 26 – July 23, 2017 at TimeLine Theatre.