Both of my kids and two of their friends were able to catch the show and the kids and I all dug it.
We recommend Warriors as a fun, affordable, all ages treat and we've added them to our ChiIL Picks List.
Check Out Our Full Set Of Original Photos In The Slide Show Below:
(Check the bottom of this post for more of our favorite live show shots from that night, if you can't view the slide show on your device, or just want our "best of".)
ChiIL Mama's ChiIL Tips:
1. Check out the merch table. Seriously. Compared to most circuses where a sno cone will seriously set you back, Cirque Shanghai's merch is downright affordable! We got a cool half mask for $3 and the full face masks are just $5. Same goes for the big, red fans. They're a steal at $5. Be forewarned, this may be the loudest fan EVER. They snap open with a thwack and are waaaaaay more than $5 worth of fun. 3 of the 4 kids with me that night got them, and before we'd even left Navy Pier, they had choreographed fan routines worked up. We're all about toys that inspire creativity!
The fans also double as a keepsake and a great place to collect signatures of the performers who are happy to sign after the show.
If you're opposed to loud noised while driving, DO secure the fans before take off. I don't mind as long as there's no high pitched tween shrieking. That's where I draw the line. My daughter & her 2 friends had a fabulous time all the way home, belting out Eye of the Tiger and Crazy Train accompanied by frequent fan snapping.
2. Catch the show on a Wed or Sat and stay for the free fireworks. They're short and sweet but they're a colorful, fun way to cap off the evening and happen shortly after the show. Go for the evening show any Wed-Sat night and Navy Pier and the Chicago skyline look magical after dark!
We embrace the multicultural, here at ChiIL Mama, so we're listing their acts with the Chinese names as well as the English. Pretty cool, huh? (Your kids can practice their calligraphy.)
8, Shoulder Ballet
- Wednesday at 2, 6 and 8 p.m.
- Thursday at 2 and 8 p.m.
- Friday at 2, 7 and 9 p.m.
- Saturday at 2, 6 and 8 p.m.
- Sunday at 2 and 4 p.m.
More Of Our Favorite Original Photos: