WHO: Hundreds of art lovers and artists, along with Chicago Loop Alliance Executive Director Michael Edwards and Chicago Design Museum Executive Director Tanner Woodford…
WHAT: Celebrate the official opening of Chicago Loop Alliance’s 17,000-square-foot Pop-Up Art Loop gallery on the third floor of Block Thirty Seven, featuring Chicago Design Museum’s 2013 exhibition “Work at Play.” The opening is part of Chicago Loop Alliance’s monthly First Thursdays gallery walk, featuring new exhibitions in Pop-Up Art Loop galleries throughout the Loop along with complimentary wine and live music (a roving cellist).
WHEN: TODAY, June 6, from 5-8 p.m.
WHERE: 108 N. State Street (Block Thirty Seven), third floor
MORE: Block Thirty Seven is one of Chicago Loop Alliance’s strategic partners for the Pop-Up Art Loop program, which transforms vacant storefront space downtown into vibrant temporary art galleries open to the public. CLA negotiates for new spaces for Pop-Up Art Loop on an ongoing basis to enliven public space throughout the Loop and draw attention to available storefronts.
For more information, please visit www.PopUpArtLoop.com. Additional walk-in galleries opening on June 6 include:
· Monuments and Ruins, 108 N. State St. (Block Thirty Seven, first floor)
· Photography of Clare Britt, Anna Reich and Jim Zimpel, 42 S. State St. (Blick Art Materials, second floor)
· Works by Barron Storey and Robb Stone, 8 S. Michigan Ave. (Bert Green Fine Art, Suite 1220)
· Selected works by Brent Fogt, 18 S. Wabash Ave. (Carhartt)
· Single File: A Group Show, 23 E. Madison St.